Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Journeyman: A New Trek

So without too much drama, we start a new leg of the Artistic Endeavor and the Creative Pursuit. Today's imperative was to get the new blog started and link it to the first leg of the Journey posted at Impressionism at Idle Acres. One of the first explorations made there was to pose the Stages of Artistic Growth.  In looking back and reviewing Idle Acres, I surmise that I was mostly in the first step, Starting, comprised of Initiative and Imitation. I was an Apprentice having learned some basic skills that can be applied to the task at hand. I have not yet acquired the discipline of a dedicated practitioner of Art. There is much in my head and heart but not yet enough in my hands.

As the Journeyman, I expect my future trek to expose me to many things allowing me to inch upward along the paradigm of Initiative, Imitation, and Innovation. I will endeavor to get outside of my comfort zone, stretch outside of my habitual domain, and seek to find the elements of my own Inspiration and Originality. This is the seeking of Self.




No comments:

Post a Comment