Thursday, February 5, 2015

New England Winter: Foraging Between Storms

Prior to the New Year, our New England area had a mild winter season. As January and February have rolled in, we have been hit with a few snowstorms one right after the other with some unusual snow accumulation. I recall telling myself numerous times before the holidays that I wasn't ready for winter. Now that it is here in full force, I am accommodating somewhat to its vigor.

Between storms, I had an opportunity to catch up with a foraging turkey flock in our local industrial park. They are frequent visitors to the area but on this day, I rolled up closer and took a few pics. Quiet. Solemn. Peaceful. Vigilant and watchful gazes. Doing what must be done on a daily basis. Scratching through the snow to get to the leaf litter with sustaining seeds and acorns beneath the cold surface.

 Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Turkeys Foraging Between Storms

It is not unlike foraging for employment between jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment