Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Splash of Spring: 70 Dozen Bulbs

Mom passed away last year. She and her mom loved flowers. I had started the bed years ago in a remembrance when my Aunt Elaine, mom's college roommate, and an artist, had passed away in North Carolina. Aunt Elaine had disappeared on her 77th birthday in the summer months. Instituting this flower bed was a way for me to think of her throughout the winter with the hope that we would find her. Her remains were found the following spring.

I took the time to grieve for Mom this past year by refreshing the corner flower garden by the old stone wall with seventy dozen bulbs. Have been taking lots of pictures to capture the emergence and profusion of color.

Copyright James E. Martin 2015 Seventy Dozen

There are fond and deep-felt memories of the beauty and compassion and caring of these ladies special to my heart. Hope springs eternal as new life emerges on an annual basis. Aaah, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment