Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer Fruit: Juicy Peaches and Cantalope by the Basket

I have taken some time off from work for the summer and have been anxious to paint again. Was able to set aside some time in Maine while visiting friends at camp during the July 4th festivities. To me, this is reminiscent of Renoir and Cezanne.

Copyright James E. Martin 2015 Summer Peaches and Cantalope by the Basket

I have received some comments and feedback about the painting from family members. For the first time, my dear wife put a price on a painting and said I should sell it for thus-and-such dollar amount. A short time later she even raised her price expectations. My youngest daughter, Itsy Bit, wanted to see another cantalope basket faded and shaded in the background like the model I had arranged. My mother-in-law wasn't immediately sure what the cantalope was and had to be informed of the matter. I realized that the cantalope selected did not have the longitudinal rind lines that some folks may be familiar with and that those could be added for clarity.

My wife asked if I would change the painting but I replied I would rather paint another one anew if I were to add or change anything. In any case, this one makes me happy each time I look at it.

I have numerous other ideas to work on for the memories and feelings of summer-time. One step at a time. This is the Daily Walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment