Sunday, November 16, 2014

First Snow: Snapshots of the Early Season

I just can't shake the feeling that I am not yet ready for the winter season. The snow has held off this long thus far and it hasn't been terribly cold for mid-November.  I have been able to extend my working season outside to get some projects accomplished that I otherwise might not have finished. 

First snow fall was this week. Very light but wet. So I captured some serendipitous pictures. Snow melted fast.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Global Warming

Some of the yard accessories and play equipment are not yet taken in for winter storage. My youngest daughter, Itsy Bit, and her friends are still playing earnestly after school days when they can be outside. I continue to intend to use the fire-pit some evening and burn up some small bits of construction wood. The days are just too busy to relax. Perhaps this weekend or next week during the Thanksgiving holiday when my college-age nursing student comes home. Family around the warm fire with cocoa or hot cider. Sounds like fun to work the catch-up conversations.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Sliding Out of Autumn

I recently added a tall casement window over the kitchen sink with a view out into the back yard. Here's a view out of the window below. A nice abstract with a touch of snow cap remaining. I would paint in a bright red cardinal singing to its mate though for a spot of color. Would make me think of my Mom. She always looked for the winter cardinals and counted them.  Thanks Mom for the memories.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 A View Out the Back Kitchen Window

This coming week and weekend portends to have some mild days also. Maybe I can continue to play catch-up with my yard and cleanup errands. In the rush of daily living, today's pictures are my small attempt to stop and see things around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment