Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Ian Sidaway: Drawings Speak for Themselves

I reviewed Ian Sidaway's art blog "Fine Line" today. The first picture of his that I saw was captured by serendipity in a online image search for something else. His work stood out from among the noise of other images. All images in today's entry are Ian's and courtesy from his blog under Internet Fair Use to give you, dear Reader, just a hint of his sketchbook portfolio! Notes and links below. I enjoyed my visit immensely and recommend it to you.

Here is his studio shot.

 
Internet Fair Use - Ian Sidaway in His Studio


And the tools associated with his mastery and expertise.

Internet Fair Use - Ian Sidaway's Sketching Tools Drawn in His Sketchbook

So I followed to his website. And reviewed his portfolio of artwork. I thoroughly enjoyed the use of numerous quotes within the blog.

The best quote that speaks to me was: "There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness' ". (Unknown author)

Dear Reader, either review his blog and reach your own conclusions. Or I took the following notes as I reviewed the blog and his artwork:
In my review, I attempted to select just one image that I liked to represent his work based on my appraisal notes above. A very difficult task. I ended up with 55 that I thought were special and indicative within my notes. I selected the following single image today, though, for its whimsy and feeling.

 
Internet Fair Use - Ian Sidaway Shoreham Hot PM

Ian rarely uses color. But with a nod towards the approaching holiday festivities, I include one of his rare blog entries with color. Thanks Ian, for the opportunity to visit. It was inspiring. I hope this review adds to your future net traffic. It certainly gives me an approach to promptly access my review notes.

Internet Fair Use - Ian Sidaway's Rare Use of Color


No comments:

Post a Comment