Thursday, March 5, 2015

Anticipating the Next Leg of the Trip: A Devoted Companion to it's Master

My devoted two-year-old puppy dog, Grace, gets so excited when I put on my jacket to go out on local errands and anxiously anticipates her inclusion in the agenda to ride along in the car with me. If I grab her personal kennel carrier, she excitedly noses the screen door and can't wait to get in and settle down on her soft pad within,thereby assertively suggesting that she is ready to assist in the trip by accompanying me to wherever the day may lead.

I get incredible eye contact and tail-wagging to display her devotion to the task and her desire to be with me. It is quite adorable.

Copyright James E. Martin 2015 Grace Accompanies Me

She reflects my feelings this week with her behavior in that I am anxiously awaiting my next employment assignment. I am nosing the door and can't wait to settle in. The search can be fun but there is an element of drudgery and routine to the search as well. I have a hint of what I would really like to do next. Last week I was approached with a lead online through an electronic job matching system. I really liked the job description and role-responsibility. I followed up. It appeared to stall and nothing appeared to happen. I was not convinced that the job match tool being used was reliable or robust enough to enter me as a candidate into the hiring company's visual field or capture net. 

I chased the lead more directly through a different venue. And was contacted by the company the next day by email and invited to an open house next week to discuss the desired position. Can't wait! Tail wagging! A chance for more direct eye contact. I am nosing into the carrier to see where the next leg of the Journey may take me.  On for the ride. Following the Master. Just doing what I am supposed to do. It's a dog's life. Ruff.

No comments:

Post a Comment