Friday, July 25, 2014

What is on the Horizon: A Contrast in Outlook

Was out later than usual last night. It wasn't planned. A long talk with a good friend. To some degree we were sharing notes about the change in weather and the change in seasons. We hadn't visited with each other for a while so it started out in a courteous inquiry. In a somewhat oblique but really not so oblique manner, we were checking each other's observations on what we were seeing in the changes around us. But I think we talked about some pretty deep and important things. It was a big part of my Daily Walk and it made me pause. I appreciated that.

On my drive home, I recalled the sense that we both felt like there may be storm front moving in.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Storm Front

Since January, I have taken many weather and season pictures in my Daily Walk. The SmartPhone helps since its always handy.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Smartphone Selfie

One day on my commute into the city, I took a route much less traveled by me. From previous jaunts out of the city, I knew there were apple orchards on this path. I left extra early to get the early morning light. I took the extra time to stop and contemplate the color and the contrast I was hoping for. I wanted rolling hills. I wanted the newest and freshest of blossoms. I wanted the chiascaro effect of dark and light contrast. I was seeking the impressionistic effect.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 A Change in Season

No comments:

Post a Comment