Wednesday, August 27, 2014

College Week in the City: Watching All the Time

This last couple of weeks has been about getting my Number 2 daughter set up at college in the city at the start of her second year for nursing. My commute this morning included stopping off to see her before zipping across town to work in Cambridge. I keep the smartphone on camera mode during these visits and even snap as I drive in stop-and-go traffic. Although these are slapdash views along my Daily Walk and Dash Drive, there are components that can inform my Artistic Endeavor and Creative Pursuit. Each of these also tells a story of human endeavor and about diversity in the Journey.

There's modern.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Modern Boston

And quaint.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Quaint Boston

With pedestrian traffic.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Boston Pedestrians

And bicycle traffic.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Boston Bicyclers

All sorts of architecture offering different perspective views. With bridges.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Boston Bridgescape Perspective

And towers.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014  Boston Tower Perspective

And advertising.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Boston Shell Advertising

And ornaments.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Ornament 01


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Ornament 02

And attractive windows that inform the intriguing potential of the world within.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Windowscape 01

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Windowscape 02

There are high flyers during baseball games fighting the prevailing wind. Here is the Hood blimp in a beautiful cloudscape.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Hood Cloudscape

Venerable old trees.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Boston Treescape

Views of the water and boats.


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Boston Waterscape

So it is sometimes difficult to fit everything I would like to do about art into my day. But I can be sneaky about it. And collect serendipitous views. Capture the light and the dark. Evoke and remember the feelings in the moment. Dream.

My Number 2 daughter says we should take a Friday in September off from work and school and have a photography day in Boston together. A Walkabout. I look forward to that. We are planning the details of the trek already.

And I paint all the time in my mind's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment