Monday, August 25, 2014

Evening Baseball and BBQ: PawSox in Pawtucket

I am working longer hours lately but my wife's employer hosts an annual BBQ at the Paw Sox baseball game in Pawtucket, RI. I got there after the start of the game this year but it was still fun. I ate too much. I liked these photos with the fuzzy edges and deep, contrasting color. Made me think of Edward Hopper's paintings.

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 PawSox First Baseline

I like vintage stuff and this baseball song from 1908 is also enjoyed by my seven-year-old as she ardently sings along. Building memories. 

The Old Ball Game [Sang it in the 7th inning]

Take me out to the ball game
Take me out to the park
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks
I don't care if I never get back
So it's root, root, root, for the home team
If they don't win, it's a shame
So it's one, two, three strikes your out, at the ol' ball game!

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 PawSox Outfield

It's great as she asks questions and makes comments about the rules and practices of the game. What's a pop fly? What are those large yellow posts [the foul line markers]? How fast are the pitches [70-90 mph]? What's a shortstop? The first baseman isn't very good because he always throws the ball on the ground to the other infield players during inning warm-ups!

There were a few home runs! And we won! 9-0. The great American pastime.











No comments:

Post a Comment