Monday, August 18, 2014

Paragon Park: A Remnant of Days Gone By

We are on the downhill trek of yard sale season.  I haven't been out much this season but this weekend I got a few things. I was particularly pleased with a small toolbox I bought with miscellaneous gadgets, tools, and workshop detritus. Within the box were three matchbooks.

Paragon Park was a New England amusement park at Nantasket Beach and like most parks started at the turn of the century. It closed in 1984. These appear to be printed in four-color letterpress printing...black, red, yellow, and white. I didn't notice them until I got home and went through the toolbox content in detail. How fun the surprise!


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Paragon Park Matchbook 01


Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Paragon Park Matchbook 02

Copyright James E. Martin 2014 Paragon Park Matchbook 03

Here's some more shots of the old-time entertainment park from Days Gone By.

Internet Fair Use - Entrance to Paragon Park

Internet Fair Use - Paragon Park Rides

Internet Fair Use - Paragon Park Roller Coaster

Internet Fair Use - Paragon Park Airship Swing

Internet Fair Use - Paragon Park Palm Garden



No comments:

Post a Comment